During the past years ANGEMI has become one of the fastest rising dj-producer on the EDM scene. Born in 1996 and In activity since 2007, his pro career began in2014, releasing an official remix on Spinnin' Records due the winning of a contest. This led him to release several tracks on top label such as Revealed Recordings, Ministry Of Sound Australia, Panda Funk, Jummp (division of Armada Music) and many more. However he reached worldwide popularity due the viral diffusion of his "What If" videos where he managed to reproduce every EDM subgenres, showing people his impressive skills inside and outside the studio. Thanks to that,he conquered the attention of many djs producer already well known in the industry and started working alongside with them. This is basically what happened with his mentors Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike that discovered his real potential recruiting him to be part of their management team "Smash The House" and start touring worldwide with them. In June 2016, he remixed officially Lost Frequencies huge hit “Beautiful Life” hitting more than 1.000.000 plays on Spotify for the first time in his career. Months to follow, ANGEMI got in contact with Timmy Trumpet and created with him the huge festival anthem “Collab Bro” which was released by Maxximize Records,hitting millions of views on every stream platform and climbing all charts. In July 2016 he makes his big debut at Tomorrowland 2016, showing the crowd his mixing skills and outstanding energy. During 2016 and 2017 he has been playing together with his mentors Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike at the legendary club in Ibiza in Spain during the "House Of Madness" and "BlackOut" parties,while in 2017 he started performing also at Ushuaia during the "Garden Of Madness" Party. In 2017 he debut for the first time at the Mainstage of Tomorrowland 2017,becoming the youngest italian dj to have ever played at Tomorrowland Mainstage. During the same edition of Tomorrowland he also performed at the Smash The House stage once again and at B-Ea. He also performed in some of the biggest EDM festivals known such as : Creamfields 2016,Bringing The Madness 4.0,and World Club Dome (Winter Edition) in front of 45.000 people,Medusa Sunbeach Festival 2017 in front of 50.000 people,Bringing The Madness : Reflections (2017) and the one of the biggest festivals in Thailand : Big Mountain Music Festival. Without any doubts a lot of other great adventures will follow for ANGEMI,being sure that this young artist will have a bright future ahead of him.
This young guy already achieved huge results. Knowing him since long time we are the witness of his rising career who literally brought him from his bedroom to the main stages of the biggest festivals in the world.
Hi Ninni, your sound had a big evolution in the past 3 years, can you explain to us what's this new Festival Future Bass genre that you are trying to launch ?
- Hi Dj Mag Asean! It's a pleasure for me being featured in your magazine! "Festival Future Bass" is one of the new genres that I'm tryng to launch. I've started producing Future Bass tracks in early 2016 and I've been experiencing a weird phenomenon, even if I've achieved huge amounts of streams on Spotify and lot of radio plays. I felt like something was missing (expecially when it came to play that kind of music live). I succeeded to merge the classic Future Bass with Progressive House,giving it much more strenght and adding so many cool elements who are typical to all my tracks. Festival Future Bass won't be my definitive genre, I'm working on different directions, I love so much to experiment in the studio and soon I'll make sure to come out with something crazier and fresher!
What about your next releases ? Any hot collaboration on the way?
- I got 6 new signed releases with Smash The House, which is crazy! Each new track is a whole universe of feelings and emotions. That's the musical direction I'm taking,I like to make music who can make you cry and dance at the same time. Not all of them are "danceable" so that's why I'll release for each new release, a festival mix! For now i'm running a new remix contest for my latest track with the talented singer Re Bel "Show Your Flame". I'm giving the opportunity to every valuable DJs and producers all over the world to win a collaboration with me. I got some other open projects with some very famous dj but let's just say that this "intel is classified"!
This year you played all over the world! where you will go this summer?
- This has been a very important year for my career, I got the chance of performing in some of the most incredible stages in the world such as Tomorrowland, Medusa Spain and Mexico,Bringing The Madness,Big Mountain Music Festival in Thailand and many others. 2018 opened its gates with an incredible Asia Tour, I've met so many awesome people in China where I've been performing in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Nanchang, Nantong, Shenzhen and many other places, they truly treated me like a king! Thailand was also incredibly awesome,Bangkok and Udon Thani were out of this world, so was EDM Raveground in Phnom Pehn (Cambodia) where I got to know the craziest EDM kids in the whole Asia. Right now i'm touring around europe and specially in Italy, my country. For sure my most awaited upcoming show is my second Tomorrowland Mainstage appearance on July 28th, but also Medusa Spain for the second year in a row where I'll be performing in front of 50.000 people! I'll be back soon in my beloved Ibiza, and for the first time I'll visit South Africa where I'll perform in Johannesburg this summer! It's gonna be a hell of a night! I'm also planning to come back to Thailand and China this summer. Many doors are opening for me at the moment!
Can you name 5 "must play" tracks in your sets?
- I generally only play my own productions in my sets, in order to make my fans experience a pure ANGEMI concert.. But my top 5 is without any doubts : Eric Prydz vs. Hans Zimmer - Opus Interstellar (ANGEMI Remix) ; Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash feat. John Martin - Reload (ANGEMI 2K18 Flip) ; ANGEMI feat. Re Bel - Show Your Flame ; ANGEMI feat. Re Bel - Wishing Loud ; KURA & ANGEMI - On Your Side
Any advice for the up and coming producers?
- The key for getting known is always making good beats in the studio and be creative in and outside of the studio. You always have to love what you're doing,love the people who are following you and keep on doing your best day by day. The climb to success isn't easy and sometimes could be full of obstacles and people who only wants to take advantage of you, so be careful and always make sure you have true and good people around you to get your back. That's the best advice I can give,I can stay hours talking about mixing or producing tips but I believe would be better for people to follow me on Instagram Stories where daily I deliver some of my technical knowledge.
Leave a message for your fans in Asia.
- I've met several amazing persons during my Asia tours,starting from 2015 when I first hit Vietnam and Malaysia and I got to know for the first time the amazing asian world. Well, asians have something else,they're kind and they generally they treat us very good. I love every single country in Asia, and I really hope I can visit all of them. One of my biggest dreams is to play in India where I have an awesome fanbase. Every culture is different and similar at the same time but exploring diversity makes me feel alive. Just wanted to thank all my asian fans for the amazing support they're giving me everyday and I really hope I can return all this love back to each of everyone of them as soon as possible. Peace!
We thanks ANGEMI for this interview and we wish him the best luck for his upcoming projects!
Follow ANGEMI Online and relive his Tomorrowland 2017 experience watching the video below:
@2018 DJ MAG ASEAN